Head of Engineering and Operations
As a senior software engineer you are part of the Engineering team, and will report into the Head of Engineering and Operations. The Senior Software Engineer must be able to take ownership of specific complex tasks, and take them to completion.
- Develop software code and unit tests
- Create, update and maintain documentation
- Create or update detailed functional design based on product architecture, high-level design and functional requirements
- Utilise the development tools & technologies within Airtel, whilst keeping abreast of alternative technologies and feeding that information back to the technology strategy.
- Produce requirements specifications, design specifications
- Participate in reviews of requirements specifications, design specifications and code
- Takes the lead in addressing technical problems to move the project forward
- Contribute to software development standards, practices and processes
- Develop an expertise in one or more functional areas of the product and industry-specific technologies
- Contribute to use cases and user stories based on functional requirements.
- Understand product architecture and high-level design
- Understand and conform to the quality management system in Airtel ATN
- Demonstrate awareness of test cases & verification process
- Understand and capable of creating test instructions and contribute to manual testing
Support and Customer Interaction
- Interact with customers about specific technical topics (technical support)
- Make overall product and solution presentations to large customer audiences
- Design and deliver project-specific customer training
- Lead and/or support onsite delivery
Market and Business
- Attend exhibitions for knowledge and as tech support
- Keep up to date with general industry trends and customer needs
- Maintain an awareness of financials and how your actions affect the company
- Provide support to customers and team throughout project lifecycle
- Understand company technology roadmap
Personal and professional development
- Take ownership of personal and professional development
- Mentoring Software Engineers
- Coaching and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
How to apply
If you are an experienced Senior Software Engineer and are looking for a role that requires initiative and drive within an innovative, small team setting, we would love to hear from you.
For further information, please get in touch with Siofra Oliver on 01-2147471/ firstname.lastname@example.org.