Head of Engineering & Operations
Role Summary & Responsibilities
As an Installation & Support Technician you are part of the Engineering team and will report into the Head of Engineering & Operations. You will be assigned to work with various teams on diverse projects and will contribute to the team effort in achieving team goals.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional demeanour and business acumen
- A love for problem solving and following through to completion
- Good knowledge of hardware and networking (TCP/IP)
- A strong interest in software and learning about our products and the industry
- A love of learning and a willingness to take on any task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 and Windows 7 & 10
- Knowledge of Linux is desirable
- Manage and track support queries within our SLA using our customer portal
- 1st level support for all support queries
- Escalate support issues to the relevant engineer or Product Owner
- Ensure consistent delivery of high-quality services to all customers
Configuration & Installations
- Installations and configurations of hardware and software
- Assist with installing or upgrading items of hardware and/or software on customer sites
- Build and prepare the Multi Test Platform for customer deliveries
- Testing and evaluating new software
- Be involved in ad-hoc projects in engineering
- Support the Sales function with onsite demos as required
- Perform onsite tests using the Multi Test Platform
- Perform remote tests from our in-house lab
- Understand and conform to the quality management system in Airtel ATN.
Market and Business
- Attend exhibitions for knowledge
- Build good relationships with our customers and bring back feedback
Personal and professional development
- Take ownership of personal and professional development
- Cisco CCNA R/S 200-125
- CompTIA A+ Certification 220-1001 & 220-1002
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of Airtel.
How to apply
If you are an experienced Software Engineer and are looking for a role that requires initiative and drive within an innovative, small team setting, we would love to hear from you.
For further information, please get in touch with Siofra Oliver on 01-2147471/ email@example.com.